Hormuz Island, Persian Gulf
I went to Iran for 2 weeks and it was a very good experience, met with other travelers from Europe, China, Japan, Pakistan & Kazakhstan.
Here are some of the things that I noticed in Iran.
- Iran is safe and people are very friendly.
- Get a good VPN installed on your mobile, when you enter Iran.
- It takes couple of days to get used to Iranian currency.
- It's better to get an Iranian Debit card, so you don't have to carry large amounts of cash.
- You will see people queuing in front of bakery to buy fresh bread in morning, afternoon, evening and even at night.
- Snapp taxi app was very helpful, whenever I felt I'm bit lost in the city, called a Snapp.
- Using Tehran metro you can reach almost any part of the Tehran city.
- I found food to be very different, persian cuisine have very less spices.
- Public transportation is good, frequent buses between major cities. Overnight trains on longer routes e.g. Tehran to Mashhad, Tabriz to Tehran.
- Bazaar is the heart of every Iranian city, some of the bazaar's still have very Old Mosques and the Caravanserai e.g. Tabriz Grand Bazaar
- Mosaic Tile work and Carpet work is exquisite.
- Iran is very diverse with different weathers in different parts of the country. When I was there I saw Snow, Rain, Desert, Greenery & very high temperature in the south especially in Bandar Abbas.
- I saw many Afghan working in Iran, especially in Tehran.
- I liked that Iran mostly have Squat toilets.
- I didn't need to worry whether food is halal.
I compiled a PDF of my Iran travel, you can Download Iran Travel Experience
Tehran City from Milad Tower
Azadi Tower, Tehran
Snow Capped Alborz Mountains, Jadde Chalus
Chalus Beach on Caspian Sea, Mazandaran
Imam Hasan al-Askari Mosque, Qom
Beautiful Symmetry in the Mosque, Qom
Beautiful Chandelier in the Mosque, Qom
Tehran Railway Station
Grand Bazaar, Tabriz
Lunch at Haj Ali Chelokababi, Tabriz
Raja Train Tabriz to Tehran
Agha Bozorg Mosque, Kashan
An Alley in Kashan
Fin Garden, Kashan
Naqsh-e-Jahan Square, Isfahan
Shah Mosque, Naqsh-e-Jahan Square
Si-o-Se Pol, Isfahan
Jameh Mosque of Yazd at Night
Amir Chakhmaq Square, Yazd
Nasir al-Mulk Mosque (Pink Mosque), Shiraz
Nasir-al-Mulk Mosque, Shiraz
Karim Khan Citadel, Shiraz
Tomb of Cyrus, Pasargadae
Tomb of Hafez, Shiraz
Beautiful domes of Majara Residence, Hormuz Island
Valley of Statues, Hormuz Island
Red Beach, Hormuz Island
Beautiful Turquoise water, Qeshm Island
Chahkooh Canyon, Qeshm Island
I enjoyed my time in Iran ٱلْحَمْدُ لِلَّٰهِ , this was my itinerary.
- Day 1 : Arrive in Tehran
- Day 2 : Explore Tehran
- Day 3 : Travel through Jadde Chalus, Mazandaran
- Day 4 : Visit Qom
- Day 5 : Travel to Rasht by Train & see Masuleh village
- Day 6 : Explore Tabriz & visit Kandovan village
- Day 7 : More from Tabriz & Train from Tabriz to Tehran
- Day 8 : Explore Kashan
- Day 9 : Explore Isfahan
- Day 10 : More from Isfahan & Journey to Yazd
- Day 11 : Explore Yazd & Journey to Shiraz
- Day 12 : Explore Shiraz & Journey to Bandar Abbas
- Day 13 : Persian Gulf, Explore Hormuz Island
- Day 14 : Persian Gulf, Explore Qeshm Island and return